Yes She Can Job Coach – Volunteer positions
Yes She Can is seeking volunteer job coaches to join our innovative start-up organization. You can use your skills and experience to make a difference in a young woman’s life.
Yes She Can Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism spectrum disorders and related social and learning disabilities develop transferable job skills. Our innovative job skills development program is implemented at a retail store operated by Yes She Can: Girl AGain, a resale boutique for American Girl dolls, located at 4 Martine Avenue in White Plains, NY.
Yes She Can trainees participate in the program with the support of job coaches who are responsible for helping our trainees learn and perform their work duties while teaching problem-solving skills, workplace social skills and emotional regulation. A job coach may work with individuals one-on-one and/or in a small group. Trainees are young women ages 18-26 who are interested in pursuing employment.
Candidates should have a degree or direct service experience in any of the following areas: Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, Vocational Training, Speech and Language Therapy, Behavior Counseling or related area. Individuals should have direct experience in working with teens or adults with autism or related social and learning disabilities. We seek people who have a passion for our mission and wish to make a difference in the lives of our trainees.
- With director, assess and understand the needs of the trainee(s), and their goals for the program.
- Understand and support the social, emotional and cognitive issues of the trainee(s) and help them achieve their program goals.
- Learn the store operations and tasks to be able to teach and support trainees
- Overseeing the trainee(s) in performing job tasks, assessing their work and providing feedback
- Serve as coach for 4 hours or more per week on a consistent schedule.
- Position reports to director of training
Contact: Sheri Baron, PhD. SBaron2001@aol.com
See our videos to learn more about our program