Use your skills and experience to make a difference in a young woman’s life.
Yes She Can Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism spectrum disorders and related social and learning disabilities develop transferable job skills. Our innovative job skills development program is implemented at a retail store operated by Yes She Can: Girl AGain, a resale boutique for American Girl dolls, located in White Plains, NY.
Yes She Can trainees participate in the program with the support of job coaches who are responsible for helping our trainees learn and perform their work duties while teaching problem-solving skills, workplace social skills and emotional regulation. A job coach may work with individuals one-on-one and/or in a small group. Trainees are young women ages 18-26 who are interested in pursuing employment.
Candidates should have a degree or working towards a degree in any of the following areas: Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, Vocational Training, Speech and Language Therapy, Behavior Counseling, Occupational Therapy or related area. Individuals should have a minimum of 1 year direct experience working with teens or adults with autism spectrum disorders.
- With Training Director, assess and understand the needs of the trainee(s), and their goals for the program.
- Understand and support the social, emotional and cognitive issues of the trainee(s) and help them achieve their program goals.
- Learn the store operations and tasks to be able to teach and support trainees
- Overseeing the trainee(s) in performing job tasks, assessing their work and providing feedback
- Work is performed at Girl AGain boutique in White Plains, NY
- Position reports to Yes She Can Director of Training
This is a paid staff position for 16 hours per week, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, with potential to expand to additional hours and days.
Contact Lesli Cattan: Lesli@YesSheCanInc.org