Use your skills and experience to make a difference in a young woman’s life.
Yes She Can Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism spectrum disorders and related social and learning disabilities develop transferable job skills. Our innovative job skills development program is implemented at a retail store operated by Yes She Can: Girl AGain, a resale boutique for American Girl dolls, located in White Plains, NY.
Yes She Can trainees participate in the program with the support of job coaches who are responsible for helping our trainees learn and perform their work duties while teaching problem-solving skills, workplace social skills and emotional regulation. A job coach may work with individuals one-on-one and/or in a small group.
Trainees are young women ages 18-26 who are interested in pursuing employment.
Candidates should have a college degree, with preference for a master’s degree in any of the following areas: Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, Vocational Training, Speech & Language Therapy, Behavior Counseling, Occupational Therapy or related area.
Minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with teens or adults with autism spectrum disorders.
- With Training Director, assess and understand the needs of each trainee, and her goals for the program.
- Understand and support the social, emotional and cognitive issues of the trainees and help them achieve their program goals.
- Teach store operations and tasks to trainees; coach to execute work effectively and efficiently
- Assign and coach trainees in performing job tasks, assessing their work and providing feedback
- Collaborate with other coaches, store manager, and director to deliver and enhance program
- Communicate with parents and other professionals that support the trainees
- Work is performed at Girl AGain boutique in White Plains, NY
- Position reports to Yes She Can Director of Training Programs
This is a paid staff position for 20 hours per week and has potential to expand. Compensation based on experience.
Submit resume with cover letter explaining how your experience and skills meet the requirements of the position.
Contact Lesli Cattan: Lesli@YesSheCanInc.org