Join an innovative program that has real and immediate impact!
Yes She Can Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism spectrum disorders and related social and learning disabilities develop transferable job skills and increase independence.
Our innovative job skills development program is implemented at a retail store operated by Yes She Can: Girl AGain, a resale boutique for American Girl dolls, located in White Plains, NY.
Yes She Can trainees participate in the program with the support of work skills coaches who are responsible for helping our trainees learn and perform their work duties while teaching problem-solving skills, workplace social skills and emotional regulation. Trainees are women ages 18-28 who are interested in pursuing employment. Trainees come to Girl AGain 2-3 times per week for 3 hour sessions.
- Assess the needs of each trainee, and establish her goals for the program.
- Understand and support the social, emotional and cognitive issues of the trainees and help them achieve their program goals.
- Collaborate with store manager on weekly work priorities for trainees.
- Coach the trainees in performing job tasks, assess their work and provide feedback.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and monthly trainee meetings
- With director and other coaches, conduct quarterly assessments of each trainee.
- Communicate with participants’ parents and staff from other programs as needed.
This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Work is performed at Girl AGain boutique in White Plains, NY. The position reports to the Director of Training Programs.
Requirements: Candidate should have education and a degree in one of the following areas: social work, psychology, special education, workforce development; master’s level preferred. In addition, candidate should have experience working with teens or adults with autism spectrum disorders. Candidate must be fluent in English, have good communications skills, and ability to work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
Hours and Compensation: This is a paid part-time staff position, minimum commitment of 15 hours per week. This position has the potential to expand to full time. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Yes She Can is a 501c3 nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer. A background check is required for employment.
To apply: send a cover letter describing how your experience and skills will meet the goals of the job. Include your resume and send to Lesli@yesshecaninc.org
Pat Rowan, LMSW, discusses her role as a coach at Yes She Can.