Join a start up non-profit organization where you can use and expand you marketing skills to serve a critical mission. (Bonus: you get to play with dolls.)
Yes She Can is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism and learning disabilities develop job skills. We deliver our program by operating Girl AGain boutique which sells gently used American Girl dolls and all their accessories. The store is located in White Plains, NY.
General Statement of Duties:
This position has the overall responsibility for the operation of Girl AGain boutique and ensures the highest quality of services to our customers. The Assistant Manager agrees to adhere to the mission and values of Yes She Can.
Retail store operations –Responsible for the effective operations of Girl AGain boutique
- Open store and close store on scheduled days, responsible for store key
- Keep store clean and attractive
- Assist customers in making purchase selections
- Conduct sales transactions with complete accuracy; account for all transactions, close out cash register at end of day
- Present expertise in store merchandise
- Works cooperatively with trainees and job coaches in our job skills development program
Marketing – Responsible for merchandise supply and customer demand
- Implement marketing strategies to bring customers into the store
- Use email marketing tools and social media channels to promote activities and merchandise in the store
- use of Constant Contact, EventBrite, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc
- Assist in executing advertising tactics
- Prepare marketing materials
- Create, schedule, market customer workshops to be held 2 times per month (on Saturdays and Sundays)
- Implement marketing strategies to generate donations of merchandise; document and acknowledge donations
- Assist in fundraising campaigns including Giving Tuesday
- Ability to represent the mission and values of Yes She Can in all work and communications with public, staff and trainees.
- Ability to shift attention to addressing needs of customers
- Proficiency with Office software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Proficiency with web-based search
- Digital marketing experience including familiarity with tools such as Eventbrite, Mail Chimp/Constant Contact, and web-based forms (e.g. entering content into Macaroni Kid calendars)
- Must be able to work on Saturdays
*Hours: 28 hours per week. (Wed – Fri 10:45-5:30; Saturday 9:45 – 5:30)
Hourly compensation based on experience.
Special Skills Required:
Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Have some knowledge of American Girl merchandise with ability to quickly develop expertise. Experience working with people with autism and learning disabilities extremely helpful. Patience with both customers (little girls, their mothers and grandmothers) and our trainees is required. We need a reliable, organized self-self starter who is enthusiastic about joining a start up organization.
Reporting Responsibilities & Employment Classification:
This position reports to the President of Yes She Can Inc. and is classified as non-exempt in accordance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
This position description contains the general details considered necessary to outline the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as inclusive of all work requirements which may be inherent to perform.
Download the job description: Yes She Can Assistant Manager
send cover letter and resume to Marjorie Madfis at Marjorie@YesSheCanInc.org
or mail to Marjorie Madfis, President, Yes She Can Inc., PO Box 2019, White Plains NY 10602.