Volunteerism is a core value of Americans. We volunteer for many reasons. Yes She Can believes that volunteering is an exchange between the volunteer and our organization. We have many opportunities for you to help our organization and to have a meaningful experience.
Serve as a work skills coach
Job coaches help our trainees learn and perform their work duties while teaching problem-solving skills, workplace social skills and emotional regulation. The role of the job coach is to
- Understand and support the social, emotional and cognitive issues of the trainee(s) and help them achieve their program goals.
- Learn the store operations and tasks to be able to teach and support trainees.
- Overseeing the trainee(s) in performing job tasks, assessing their work and providing feedback
- Volunteer for 4 hours or more per week on a consistent schedule.
- Report to Director of Training Programs
Download Application job coach volunteer position description
Serve as a peer model
We are seeking teens and young women with good social skills to work alongside trainees and serve as peer models. Volunteers will
- help prepare used American Girl merchandise for sale and learn the tasks and processes that our trainees use (we’ll teach you what you need to know);
- volunteer for 2 hours at a time (or more), on the same day and time of the week with a commitment to at least 10 weeks;
- interact with trainees as you would with typical peers;
- receive community service credit if desired.
Download the application: volunteer application peer model
Share your expertise
Our small organization welcomes help in any of the following areas:
- Development and Fundraising
- Corporate partnerships
- and more
Call Robin to discuss how you would like to contribute. 978-239-3593