Use your skills and experience to make a difference in a young woman’s life.
Yes She Can Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism spectrum disorders and related social and learning disabilities develop skills for employment and greater independence. Our innovative job skills development program is implemented at Girl AGain, a resale boutique for American Girl dolls, located in White Plains, NY.
Trainees are young women who are interested in pursuing employment. They participate in the program with the support of job coaches who are responsible for helping our trainees learn and perform their work duties while teaching problem-solving skills, workplace social skills, and emotional regulation.
Candidates should have a college degree, with a preference for a master’s degree in any of the following areas: Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, Vocational Training, Speech & Language Therapy, Behavior Counseling, Occupational Therapy, or related area.
Minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with teens or adults with autism spectrum disorders.
- With Training Director, assess and understand the needs of each trainee, and her goals for the program.
- Understand and support the social, emotional, and cognitive issues of the trainees and help them achieve their program goals.
- Teach store operations and tasks to trainees; coach them to execute work effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with other coaches, store manager, and director to deliver and enhance the program
- Communicate with parents and other professionals that support the trainees
- Work is performed at Girl AGain boutique in White Plains, NY
- Position reports to Yes She Can Director of Training Programs
This is a part-time position for 12-20 hours per week and has the potential to expand. Compensation is based on experience.
Send a cover letter describing how your experience can contribute to our program, and your resume to Robin Davies-Small, Executive Director Robin@yesshecaninc.org