Seeking Director of Training Programs
Who we are: Yes She Can is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism and related learning and social disabilities develop transferable job skills. Our unique and innovative program and curriculum are implemented in an authentic business setting as well through integrated online classes. Yes She Can operates Girl AGain boutique where trainees learn and practice essential work skills through professional coaching and assessments. Trainees participate in the program typically two to four times per week, for one to three years. Learn more about the Yes She Can program here.
Who you are: An experienced professional with expertise in autism and other developmental disabilities, with experience working with teens and young adults on the spectrum. You have a passion for our mission and believe in the potential of our clients. You are respectful of our clients’ strengths and challenges, and of their family situations and dynamics.
You are a creative problem-solver, resourceful and energetic. You can lead as well as collaborate. You are flexible and can adjust to circumstances to meet our clients’ needs and the organization’s mission.
Responsibilities: The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Strategy and Planning
- Lead curriculum planning sessions with coaches and Executive Director, and develop enhancements or new skills modules; create schedule and content for each trimester. Assign components to staff.
- Review assessment tools and implement with job coaches, analyze and report results.
- Present to various organizations, transition events, supporters, and funders. Develop relationships with professionals in our field.
- Write articles and blog posts for publication to promote the organization
- Work with Executive Director to explore partnerships, prepare grant applications
- Report bi-annually to board of directors
- Recruit participants for training programs, working with the Director of Marketing to create and implement an outreach plan
- Interview candidates and assess eligibility for the program including review of neuro-psych evaluations, IEPs, and other relevant documents.
- Meet with parents and with candidates’ other support professionals to determine goals for each trainee.
- Assign trainees to job coaches and schedule training days, integrating with other trainees.
- Recruit and supervise employee and volunteer job skills coaches.
- Collaborate with job coaches to ensure that the trainee is working towards personal goals. Work with coaches to implement assessments.
- Serve as job coach as needed.
- Collaborate with retail store management to assign work priorities for trainees.
- Lead bi-weekly meetings with coaches to collaborate on program implementation.
- Communicate with trainees and their parents regarding trainee’s progress during the trimester. Present assessment at end of the trimester.
Schedule and Compensation
This is a part-time position and hours of work range between 20 and 25 hours per week. The position reports to the Executive Director and supervises professional coaching staff and volunteer coaches. Most planning work can be done remotely; it is expected that the Director will have some direct coaching hours at the store. Compensation is based on experience.
- Advanced degree in one of these: social work, special education, speech and language pathology, occupational therapy, psychology, or related field of study.
- Understanding of IEPs and neuro-psych evaluations
- Experience in program management
- Experience supervising professionals
- Excellent skills to communicate with trainees, staff, coaches, and families.
- Proficiency in the use of Excel and data analysis
- Ability to learn about the American Girl product line that we sell
- You have an interest in program development and can think through the necessary steps to implement program segments. You can accept input from others and integrate that into your approach. You can handle unexpected program or trainee demands and adjust.
Submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications per the job description and your resume to Marjorie Madfis, Marjorie@YesSheCanInc.org
Download job description Yes She Can Dir of Training job description 062221