We have a non-conventional position to fill in a non-conventional non-profit organization.
Who we are: Yes She Can is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism and learning disabilities develop transferable job skills. The program operates an authentic retail business created and designed to maximize learning opportunities for program participants. Girl AGain is a mission-driven resale boutique for refurbished American Girl dolls and all their accessories. Our customers range from 8-year-old girls in Westchester County, NY, buying their first doll, to serious adult collectors across the country. The mission of the store is to provide work skills development opportunities, to educate the community about autism and employment, and to generate earned income for the organization.
Who you are: A creative problem-solver who is curious, resourceful, and strategic with core marketing skills. You have a passion for our mission and seek ways to expand opportunities for our program participants through the growth of Girl AGain. You work respectfully with people of all abilities and seek to bring out the best in your staff. You have an interest in the non-profit sector and in developing skills to contribute to fundraising for the organization.
Objective: Ensure that Girl AGain boutique effectively serves the goals of the Yes She Can job skills program for young women with autism. Pursue earned income growth of 20% as well as fundraising opportunities.
Reports to: Yes She Can Executive Director
Supervise: Girl AGain Assistant Manager, Girl AGain Associates, Girl AGain Assistant to the Manager
Collaborate with: Job coaches, trainees, volunteers, book keeper
Part time position: 20-28 hours per week. Portion of job can be performed remotely. This position can grow into full-time.
Required hours to be in the store: Thursday (10:30 – 5:30) and two Saturday mornings per month (once we have customer workshops in the store).
Available to respond to store associates by phone/text during their work hours.
Retail operations responsibilities include:
- Supervise and guide retail staff, manage work schedules and time sheets.
- Ensure that store operations are efficient and comply with COVID protocols.
- Collaborate with job coaches and trainees to enable trainees to have meaningful work to do remotely and in the store.
- Assist customers in making purchase selections in store and via phone.
- Supervise the in-kind donation process.
- Track and report on monthly sales.
- Implement marketing strategies to increase store traffic and sales.
- Communicate with customers through bi-weekly email newsletter.
- Ensure website and blog posts are current
- Lead comprehensive social media strategy for customer engagement, execute with staff and trainees.
- Create, promote and supervise bi-weekly in-store customer events (when opened).
- Manage online store using Woo-Commerce software including selecting merchandise, pricing, and working with trainees to post.
Fundraising and Donor Engagement for Yes She Can:
- Assist Executive Director in implementing fundraising campaigns and follow up.
- Assist in fundraising events such as Advocates for Adults with Autism Awards.
- Learn to use donor management platform for engagement.
- Communicate our mission broadly.
Other leadership functions for Yes She Can
- Compile data and create presentations for Board of Directors meetings semi-annually.
- Participate in weekly management meetings with the Director of Training Programs and Executive Director.
- Join weekly coaches Zoom meetings as available.
- Lead weekly associates call to confirm directions and respond to questions.
- You have a positive outlook and willingness to learn new skills.
- You are passionate about furthering the mission of Yes She Can Inc.
- You value collaboration.
- You love helping customers.
- Excellent written business communication skills and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent marketing communications, customer service skills.
- Technically savvy
Skills in use of the following or similar software and applications:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Google Drive
- email marketing platform
- social media platforms
- POS system (Square)
- digital photography and editing
You can work on two Saturday mornings per month (once customer events are reestablished.)
- Experience with website content management (eg. WordPress), e-Commerce (eg. Woo-Commerce)
- Experience working with adults with people with autism
- Retail experience
- Familiarity with customer relationship marketing or donor management platforms
Compensation: hourly rate: $23-$27; paid sick leave. Employee discount on Girl AGain merchandise.
- Download job description
- Write a cover letter with responses to the following:
- What specific experience do you have that would benefit Yes She Can
- What personal characteristics would enable you to excel in this position
- What skill would you like to learn in this position and why
- Include your resume and link to LinkedIn profile
- Send to GirlAGain@YesSheCanInc.org